Thursday, September 22, 2011

another bedroom re-done :)

I shared with y'all when I re-did my four year old's bedroom and how I decorated for the little man that arrived and now it was definitely time to re-make our 10 year olds bedroom. Most of the ideas came from @pinterest.com I love that web site, so cool!






dresser was plain white, was going to buy a new one but pray painted it pumpkin orange and replaced all the knobs with cool miss matched ones I found @Hobby Lobby




Also.. found this huge embroidery hoop at a garage sale and embroidered an A on some cool fabric and hooped it :)



Thrift shop madness!!!
ALL of this stuff to the right was found at thrift stores and flea markets, LOVE! the desk was already painted, bonus and it was the perfect color. found cute stool and reupholstered the seat and you can lift up cushion and store papers or whatever in there. my daughter loves to play teacher so this was a must have for her room and she stores her overhead projector paper in the seat of the stool, yes she has an overhead projector ha ha someone gave it to her and she loves it! The dish rack dryer fits all her folders and teacher books perfectly and the old bottle holder is a neat little cocompartment organizer.




















My daughter wanted her mattress on the floor, so I went with it :) Thanks to @pinterest I found this fab idea. bought an old suit case from a flea market and had my husband attach wooden legs to it, so cute, perfect size and functional, she stores her devotional books, bible, and the current book she is reading inside the suit case. bought an old chenille blanket at flea market found and made some pillows.



Spray painted old book shelf. seat cushion, garage sale find. little reading area.





This fruits of the spirit sign was an old wooden chair that I had my husband break apart for me, then I painted it and wrote the words with a sharpie and my husband put it together :)



Magnet board: oil drip pan from walmart, modge podged with newspaper

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

adorable!!! i love every bit of it!

heather carr said...

yay Mel! I would love that room at Amelia's age!

Post a Comment